Who Am I?
I’m Shana, also known as 0xN0ri. I like Linux, mobile devices, embedded development, computer science, and other things tech related.
I have quite a bit of experience with Linux, macOS, and Windows. I’m known for mostly focusing on Linux, embedded devices like single board computers, etc. I have a bit of experience with the C programming language but not enough to actually write a program. I have experience in bash, and a little bit in python. I also sometimes contribute to postmarketOS and port devices over. I learn more everyday as I do more projects. Will keep this as up to date as possible.
Some things to know about me
I don’t like when people tell me to use a different operating system, desktop environment/window manager, ad blocker, web browser, or anything else. I know about Windows, I know about macOS, and I know about Linux. Let me use what I want! Don’t tell me to use a different phone from the one I’m using. I also don’t like when people ask me questions easily found on the first page of Google, you have a resource please use it before asking me, it can get annoying to answer them sometimes!
- Q: Can you help me? A: Before asking that please use Google and if you can’t find the answer to your question then you can ask me, but please don’t use me as your personal resource.
- Q: How old are you? A: My birthday is 1/25/2004 so you can do the math.
- Q: What’s your favorite anime? A: Shakugan no Shana right now.
- Q: Favorite Music? A: Vocaloid mostly but I do like nightcores and japanese music.
- Q: Favorite colors? A: Pink and purple
- Q: Favorite programming language? A: C probably
- Q: What’s your preferred operating system? A: Linux although I like macOS and Windows and think they’re great for different use cases.
- Q: Recommended Linux distro? A: Fedora, Arch, Gentoo, or Debian :), those are my four favorite Linux distros! For beginners coming to Linux I’d recommend the KDE spin of Fedora as KDE has a more familiar looking UI if you’re moving from Windows, and Fedora is very stable and mostly up to date without being a full rolling release.
- Q: Favorite desktop environment? A: That’s a hard one, I love Xfce and KDE. I’m trying to get used to GNOME but right now not a huge fan, I do like Cinnamon and Mate because they remind me of GNOME 2.
- Q: Would you recommend a desktop or laptop? A: Not really up to me to recommend one or the other, they are both good for different use cases and I use my desktop and laptop PC both quite frequently, for more intensive tasks I would say desktop.
- Q: What operating systems do you use? A: Pretty much all of them.
- Q: Why are your PM’s disabled and how can I contact you? A: I don’t like getting random messages from people I don’t know unless I’m following them. If you want to contact me you can do so through email, or @ me on Twitter and I might message you myself.
About the amazing tech powering this blog
This blog uses Jekyll, Shiori and GitHub pages.